Sunday 22 January 2012

Skulls, Vintage Print & Hippy Plaits


Good day!

I'm not massively into vintage fashion myself, don't get me wrong, I do like it, as does James. He always says he wishes it was still fashionable to wear braces, trilbys and brogues, as in, all at the same time 40's style, which would be awesome! Anyway, like I was saying, I like it but I don't really wear a lot of Mad Men looks but I do like to mix in a bit of vintage with current trends.
This is what this outfit is about. The shirt came from a charity shop and has a real vintage feel paisley print. Skinny jeans are the modern part of this look, along with the skull necklace and then the brogues and red lips take it back to looking vintage.
I wouldn't class myself as 'good at hair' but I saw this style in Look magazine and wanted to give it a bash. It's quite a hippy look really and with my parka on too I was set for a human rights rally circa 1976.
One of my colleagues said he thought it looked like it had taken ages but actually it's a five minute job and really easy.

Vintage Paisley Shirt - Thrifted
Skull Necklace - Topshop
Black Skinnies - H&M
Tan Brogues - H&M
Lipstick - Stiletto by Sleek

1 comment: