Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Carrie Bradshaw Skirt


Ever since I saw Carrie Bradshaw in her green layered tulle skirt when she went to Paris, I had to find my own wearable version. Thankfully, H&M answered my prayers last year with this dusky pink version. As soon as I saw it I knew I'd found my Carrie skirt and this one even echos the opening credits outfit too. Bonus.

Because of its colour this very much has a ballet feel to it and if I'm honest, I do feel a little bit Swan Lake when I wear it. Not in a bad way, I hasten to add. What I love about this skirt, is that it can be dressed in so many different ways. With heels and a strapless top this skirt instantly creates an extravagant dress but equally, worn with a t-shirt and flats and it's brought into casual territory.

This look definitely has a 50s style vibe to it and had I worn it with a halter neck top I wouldn't be far from fitting in as an extra in Grease. I like to take vintage looks but mixing in modern twists is what creates new looks. I bought the t-shirt from a grungy, alternative stall at a music festival and I doubt they would envisage such a look with one of their designs but I like the surprise of it.

Carrie Skirt - H&M
T-shirt - Entirety Clothing
Boat Shoes - ASOS
White Ankle Socks - Primark
Skull Necklace - Topshop
Oversized Gold Watch - Turkish Bazaar
Mulberry Alexa Bag
Wayfarer Sunglasses - Primark (Men's)
Lipstick - Infrared at Topshop

3 comments:

  1. Hi darling - those net skirts are in the shops here - I have of course - a red one! Not yet had an occasion to wear it. You always look SO good! Love you honey xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower - love your blog!
    Your style really appeals to me. I'm called Emma, and I think I NEED this 'E' t-shirt in my life!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! Your writing style is brilliant, very funny. I got the t-shirt from these guys http://www.entiretyclothing.co.uk/ Hannah x

      Delete