Friday 9 May 2014

Dressing for Unpredictable Weather








I think I talk quite regularly about the weather both on this blog and in real life but I'm British, that's my excuse. As I was saying, the weather lately is in that irritating phase where it has no idea what it's doing. It can't decide if it should be warm, whether it should rain or just throw in every meteorological condition it has to offer. As all fashion bloggers know (and everyone else that lives on the planet) this makes for very difficult fashion choices. One minute I'm boiling hot, the next I'm cold and it's raining.

Night.Mare.

So in this scenario, it's always best to layer up - not too many, just layers that can be removed and not cause too much hassle having to be carried around and so on.

My parka is one such coat that lends itself quite nicely to the battle of Britain (referring only to the weather). It's quite warm but not too heavy and sweat-inducing, plus it has a hood. Come at me rain. It's mild enough at the moment to get a cheeky bit of lower leg out but still very much boot weather. I'm fine with that, boots are probably my favourite feet attire. I do feel like I look a bit like a tree-hugger in the parka but that's fine too, I actually like trees quite a lot.

Parka - River Island
Floral Top - H&M
Black & White Trousers - H&M
Studded Boots - New Look
White Structured Bag - ASOS
Gold Necklace - H&M
Lipstick - Papaya Punch by Sleek

2 comments:

  1. Your floral top is pretty! I almost bought my first parka a few days back but chickened out due to lack of space haha. This weather is making outfit pictures difficult!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too babe'in for your own good! HAWTY!

    ReplyDelete